Saturday, March 20, 2010

Michio Kaku (tell us something new)

I sometimes add an entry related to the feeds that show up in the sidebar here, generated by a Google search that feeds into the page.

One of the entries there led me to the Big Think collection of blogs. This looks like an interesting site, one I will follow for a while to decide if I should add it to the few similar sites (Wired, Salon, Slate, NY Times, AlterNet) that I peruse on a regular basis.

I became aware of Michio Kaku, one of BT's contributing bloggers, some years ago, probably via a Nova special, I don't really remember. We certainly need scientifically oriented public intellectuals (think Carl Sagan, Stephen J. Gould) who can explain science to the public, and Kaku is one of those who, besides his stellar academic credentials, resides part of his time in that niche. Like Brian Greene, although Greene's presence online is a bit more sedate and academic-like.

(By the way, here is an interesting piece from NPR on quantum physics.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wave to us!