Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti relief efforts

The toll in Haiti is a tragedy of indescribable dimensions.  Many relief efforts are underway, although poor infrastructure will make effective relief efforts difficult (see, e.g., this NY Times article).

But I will make a donation like many of you will. There are many worthwhile agencies. Two that I have used in the past are:

Mennonite Central Committee - based here in Lancaster County; a number of my neighbors and acquaintances work for this group.

American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee - my own particular religious background.

And many more - see, for example, this list from AlterNet.

There is always the Red Cross, although I have shied away from this agency because of past management problems.


photo from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wave to us!