Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shaking earth causes vibrating butt

The Sunday report in the Lancaster Newspapers on the earthquake began its article as follows:

[Name withheld by me] of Ridge Road, Mount Joy Township, was in the bathtub when, he said, "I felt it in my butt. It vibrated."

I'm not kidding - who could make this up?

I know animals are reputed to sense impending earthquakes. I wonder if this is a corresponding human trait? Or was that guy just playing around in the bathtub at midnight on a Saturday?

And how could a reporter and an editor possibly let an article start that way? I guarantee, you would never find that particular wording about an earthquake here in the SF Bay area where I'm spending the week.

Hoping the New Year brings you all good vibrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wave to us!